September 22, 2009

As My Dear One is Away


You are away from me,
Oh yes, distance is not a friend;
But may God show mercy
And quickly bring this to an end.


Thousands & thousands of miles seem to
Separate our very beings;
But our love kindles in each of our hearts
So that they can still sing.


Our eyes cannot see the sentiments in one another
And our hands are far from near;
But when I close my eyes and pray,
It is as if you are very much here.


Your lips cannot bless my cheek
With it's loveliness and pure delight;
Nor can I feel, ever so softly,
The butterfly lashes of your eyes.


You will return, my dear,
Soon you will be here to stay;
And that knowledge is what makes it bearable,
While you are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

True and Strong

True and Strong   I used to think I loved you, but I was so very wrong.  I knew not a thing about real love; and it's taken m...